Daily core curriculum for violin, viola, cello, and guitar students:
· Private Lesson Masterclass
· Group Repertoire Class
· Musicianship or Large Ensemble
Students are placed according to their playing & reading level in either:
Musicianship, Beginning Reading Orchestra, Blue Ridge
Orchestra, Sinfonia, or Guitar Reading Ensemble.
· Optional elective class/chamber music elective
Daily curriculum for Chamber Music Institute students:
· Private Lesson Masterclass (begins Monday)
· Two class periods of chamber music coaching per day
· Advanced orchestra (Sinfonia)
· Faculty quartet observations
· Optional elective class
Optional Electives Include:
· Chamber Music (violin & guitar book 4 and up, cello & viola book 3 and up) Additional Fee
· Fiddling (violinists & violists playing level book 1 Allegro and up)
· Folk Dancing (all ages)
· Improvisation (any instrument-playing level book 1 Allegro and up)
· Guitar Chordal Accompaniment/Improvisation (guitarists book 3 and up)
· Celtic Cello (cellists book 2 and up)
· Early Childhood Music & Movement (ages 1-5 with an adult caregiver)
· Beginning Adult Violin (please provide your own violin)
· Beginning Guitar (ages 5 and up– provide your own nylon string guitar)
· Adult Masterclass (adults who play violin, viola, cello, guitar) Additional Fee
Elective classes are open to non-enrolled siblings, parents, or any family members attending.
Parents are invited to lectures/discussions on topics related to Suzuki philosophy and Suzuki parenting. These are given by different faculty members or parents who have a particular topic of interest to share.
Students may choose to perform on a solo recital, by completing the information when they register. Recitals are optional, and we ask that students only register for a recital if they have a piece that is well prepared by the first day of camp.